Friday, March 25, 2011

Entrepreneurship...post iii: Get Good At Making Money

I happened to read the following article while at the auto shop waiting for my car to get it's oil changed.  It's amusing to me how good things come to you in strange places.  I thought this topic would be appropriate for the final post in my Entrepreneurship series - after all, if you want to start your own business, you probably want to make some money doing it.  What really interested me was Jason Fried's point about bootstrapping (page 3). 

"From Day One, a bootstrapped business has no choice but to make money. There's no cushion in the bank and not much in the pockets. It's make money or go home. To a bootstrapped business, money is air.....Anyone can spend money. Making it is the hard part, and being forced to do it early is one of the best ways to get better at it later.", Jason Fried

How To Get Good At Making Money

Hopefully this series has been helpful, inspiring, or, at the very least, amusing to read.  Let me know your thoughts - post a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment