Friday, April 1, 2011

Thank You Notes

What is the protocol these days on a hand written thank-you note?  Is email ok?  What if I don't like the gift? What if I thanked them in person?  My husband loves to send hand written thank-you notes and it has made an impression on people he works with as well as friends and family.  He likes to design them himself and purchase unique cards from unique shops or arts & craft fairs.
According to the article below, by LESLIE HARPOLD, "As extra motivation, I will also grudgingly tell you the hidden secret of thank-you notes: They improve the frequency and quality of the gifts you receive. People like being appreciated, and if they feel you actually notice the nice things they do for you, they’re more likely to give an encore performance."

I could be better at sending a hand written note.  I like getting them so I imagine others do too.  How about you?  Below is a nice kick-in-the-pants guide to writing a thank-you note.  Enjoy!

How To Write A Thank-You Note

No comments:

Post a Comment