Friday, March 11, 2011

Entrepreneurship...a three post series

My first blog "series"...so exciting! I digress...

As most of my readers are all keenly aware, the architectural and interior design community has suffered great losses during this awful, yucky, economic recession. I'm part of that community so I can say from experience that it has been especially yucky.

According to an article on MSNBC.com , Architect was the #1 occupation for job losses in 2009. Unemployment jumped 17.8% in 2009 for that profession. They go on to say that it won't be until 2018 that architects and engineers see a 10% growth in their occupation. Sick to your stomach yet?

On a brighter note... Entrepreneurship in the USA jumped almost 6% in 2010. I believe it... I don't know what the percentage of new business owners are Architects, but I do know I've seen a lot of them branch out on their own and they are succeeding. The path to entrepreneurship can be by choice or by necessity, as the USA article below suggests. Click on the link to read more...

"Recession inspires people to start own business"

If you are one of the new entrepreneurs, please post a comment and share your journey. If you are thinking about starting your own company, stay tuned to future posts for inspiration on how to take that leap.

No comments:

Post a Comment