Sunday, July 11, 2010

Travel for work? Try a few of these ideas on your next trip:

I tend to be a creature of habit and always do the same things when I travel to my work destinations: I check into the hotel, eat dinner at Pei Wei or PF Chang's (my husband doesn't like Asian food and my son is allergic to soy so I don't get to eat this stuff at home), go back to my room, get into pj's, watch non-animated TV (my kids are 3yrs and 19 mos.), fall asleep to the news. I know - boring... I probably lost you at "eat dinner". Check out Kristin Edelhauser Chessman's suggestions to break out of business travel boredom:Beat Business Trip Boredom - Entrepreneur

My next business trip is Tucson next week - what could I do to shake things up?...stay tuned for an update!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I gave it my best shot... I made a plan to visit the Pinal Air Park - a boneyard of retired and stored aircraft - located 3 miles west of the I-10 just north of Marana. Turns out, it's not open to the public. A very nice security gaurd allowed me to make a u-turn inside the secured gate. Aside from a few tail fins, I didn't really get to see much. Instead, I went to the Target at Casa Grande...it's a great little strip mall. Perfect half-way point between Phoenix and Tucson. I used the restroom and bought a latte at the Starbuck's counter. I'll keep trying to broaden my adventures as I continue to travel thru my territory. Have any of you tried something new on your business trips since reading this post? I'd love to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete