Sunday, July 11, 2010

LinkedIn...a good business tool?

LinkedIn is a great tool for me to stay in touch with clients and network with potential new ones. This is just one of several social media outlets I participate in to deliver my personal and corporate brand out into the market. Are you active on LinkedIn? I'd like to know...take the poll on the right side of the screen. Sometimes I wonder, "How much of an impact is participating on LinkedIn making on my business and how can I maximize it's potential?" The article below offers some really great suggestions on how to get your profile started and how to optimize LinkedIn as a business tool. I've implemented several of the suggestions, including utilizing the TripIt application. Now I can share with my connections my business trips. I hope to see more of you on LinkedIn and the next time you see that I'll be in your city...let's connect!
image via: flickr - CoreIncorporated

2 comments:

  1. I have used LinkedIn with great success. It is a great networking tool. It is sometimes less intimidating to introduce yourself to someone you don't know via the net than in person.
    I have gotten job leads and interviews as the result of networking on LinkedIn.
    I look at the connections my connections have to see if there are people I can be introduced to, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great point - once you have connected with someone, take a look at their connections for appropriate introductions, networking opportunities, etc. Thank you for your comment!

    ReplyDelete