Saturday, July 24, 2010

Dressing Appropriately for Work



For the last five years my work wardrobe has been in a state of flux. The uncertainty begins with the fact that I moved from the corporate and conservative Midwest to the more laid-back and casual Southwest. In addition, I've been in and out of a maternity wardrobe (and the "in transition back to normal" wardrobe that follows) twice in three years. My beautiful collection of three-season wool suits are long gone and traded in for....well, that's just it... I am still navigating how to dress in this climate of perpetual summer and a more casual business environment. I'm a sales professional in a creative industry, which means I have more choices when it comes to my wardrobe selections. Honestly, I find the amount of choice overwhelming as it only increases the chances of going wrong. I admit, I miss the ease of dressing in suits. Aside from the fit or styling details that show it's age, you really can't go wrong. The jacket and bottoms are the canvas...add flare with a cute top, colorful shoes, and great jewelry. Easy-peasy! This is not a post to fish for compliments on my current outfits, nor is it a sly way to get myself nominated for a TLC What Not To Wear episode....however, I would totally participate if I was! If you are also challenged by today's business casual dress code, you may find the article below a good road map for dressing appropriately for work:







He Said, She Said: Dressing Appropriately for Work - Careers Articles
image via this article at jobs.aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment