Friday, July 30, 2010

An Apple A Day...

Eating healthy on the road is a challenge for me...this was dinner Wednesday night at McCarren Airport. Give me at least one gold star for drinking water instead of soda. I've tried packing food with me to help avoid the temptations that exist at the airport...(Cinnabon, Starbucks, that spicy cracker wasabi pea snack mix, you know the one I'm talking about)...but two months after a business trip to Chicago I found a rotten apple in my carry-on along with an empty Nuts On Clark bag of popcorn. Gross! Well not the popcorn. It was the Chicago mix, of course! After reading this article from CNN.com's Road Warriors series, I vow here and now to better plan ahead and bring healthy snacks with me to avoid the temptations that exist at every turn when I'm out of town for business. [Read: I will actually eat the apple I pack in my carry on] As for packing my workout gear......baby steps, please. www.cnn.com/2007/TRAVEL/09/05/healthy.eating/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment