Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer is here!

 
Before...

After...

 Ready, steady, GO!  June has arrived...actually it's half over..where have I been these last two weeks?!.  I have been moving non-stop, to the best of my abilities, between work, swim lessons for the kids, the UPS shipping facility, and my sewing room.  It's not actually a sewing room as much as it is the temporary setup I have going on in our dining room. 

Since swimming lessons occur every day for two weeks straight during dinner time, we aren't really dining in that room anyway...best it be put to another use, right?  "What are you sewing," you ask?  Ah... the answer will reveal itself soon - stay tuned for my guest blog appearance at http://www.filigree-design.com/

Summer hasn't officially started, but since the temperature outside has been over 100 for a few weeks now, I can't help feeling like summer is already here.  Remember having summers off?  You could go boating, sleep in, stay out late, play tennis, build a fort or tree house.  Wouldn't it be great if our work calendar matched the school calendar...?  Ah, I digress... speaking of tree houses, did I show you the end result of our Memorial Day weekend?  Check out the before and after photos...

Actually, it's the "Uff-da Palace" by Patrick Dougherty.  His work is pretty amazing!  The "Uff-da Palace" can be seen at the Minnesota Arboretum through the end of this year.  To see more of his work, click on the link below...
 http://www.stickwork.net/ 

1 comment: