Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Reconnecting...good for the soul.

I know what you're thinking..."Gosh, a whole month on vacation.  Lucky Mary!".  I wish!  I enjoyed my time off immensely, however, upon my return, the daily responsibilities of parenting, housekeeping, and work had quickly piled up.  To say the least, my inbox is a mess again.  Anyway...I spent my vacation reconnecting with my family, high school girlfriends, and my dance teachers - three important groups of people who all have influenced who I am today.

It was great to have my children interact with their aunts, uncle, and cousins... whom they do not get to see on a regular basis.  I loved spending time with my sister Cindy - it had been two years since the last time I saw her!!  My high school girlfriends have changed so much, yet, are still the same...in a very good way.  I wished I had snapped a photo of me with my dance teachers...drat!  It's the 30th Anniversary of Jan's School of Dance...definitely something to celebrate!  We are planning a "reunion" party during the recital this year. 

While I live far away, reconnecting with these special people reminded me of how important and beneficial it is to keep in touch with those who are and have been influential in our lives. 

The article below from http://www.healthywomen.org/ agrees -
http://www.healthywomen.org/content/blog-entry/reconnecting-old-friends.

High School Girlfriends - 12 years since we've all been together!

My Sisters and Brother - 3 years since we've all been together!

1 comment:

  1. And who says you can never go home?! Sometimes we have to remember where we came from, in order to know where we are going.

    ReplyDelete