Friday, January 7, 2011

A New Year...New Resolve

It's the first week of the new year and during this time of reflection of the past year and goal setting for this year.... I just want to say, "blogging is hard". 

One of my New Year's resolutions is to re-commit myself to writing this blog....again.  I still feel that the topics I blog about are relevant to my readers...and I do hope you continue to read and enjoy this blog.  Thank you for your encouragement!

The article I share below gets to the meat of how to keep a resolution.  It can't be a grandiose statement about what you are determined to change about yourself, which ultimately will lead to resignation.  Instead, it encourages you to take the time to set goals for yourself for the coming year.  We all know that good goal-making takes planning, time, and patience.  I have a stack of articles I've ripped out and saved for future blog posts on my desk (neatly tucked away in a file folder, as keeping a tidy desk is another NYR).  I have also blocked time on my calendar (one hour once a week) to commit to blogging.  Consistency leads to success -so does going public with your resolutions, by the way.  What are some of your resolutions?

Good luck to you in keeping your resolutions and meeting your goals in 2011! 

New year's resolutions: Always an uphill climb

No comments:

Post a Comment